* Make grapevine wreaths using dried bitter-sweet herb for protection. Use ribbons of
gold and yellow to bring in the energy of the Sun, and decorate with sprigs of dried yarrow or cinnamon sticks.
* Make a Magickal Horn of Plenty.
* Make Magickal Scented Pinecones.
* Make a protection charm of hazelnuts (filberts) strung on red thread.
* Collect milkweed pods to decorate at Yuletide and attract the faeries.
* Call upon the elementals and honor them for their help with (N-earth) the home and
finances, (E-air) school and knowledge, (S-fire) careers and accomplishments,
(W-water) emotional balance and fruitful relationships.
* Make a witch's broom. Tie dried corn husks or herbs (broom, cedar, fennel, lavender, peppermint, rosemary) around a strong, relatively straight branch of your choice.
* Make magic Apple Dolls: Apples are sacred symbols of the witch. Our holy land, Avalon, means Apple-land or Island of Apples. Slice an apple through the midsection and its seeds reveal the sacred shape of the pentacle. You will need two large apples, one for Mabon and one for Modron, 2 pencils and 2 dowels about 12 inches
long, a paring knife, a glass or bowl of water to wash your fingers, a plate,
and a towel to wipe your hands. Peel and core the apples. Carve a face in the apples. Place apples on a dowel and stand them in a jar to dry (start now). Then charge in a magick circle. After 2 or 3 weeks, they should look like shrunken heads. Make them into dolls. Use wheat, dried herbs or doll's hair for hair. Dress them in tiny robes and bring them into the circle, asking god/dess to charge them with their light.
Hang these Mabon and Madron heads on a Witch's cord or a Mabon wreath.
“When an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside, as fate.”